Have you ever had moments when you just want to weep and lay in the arms of Christ? Letting your troubles be lost in the overwhelming love of His grace? Have you ever felt a sudden need to be hid away in God, hiding in Him as you wait for the days to become brighter?
I have felt this lately, having a sense of greater need in Christ. I hear Him beckoning me in my sorrow and pain. Perhaps you have too? But for some reason you have felt shame, bitterness or apathy. I want you to know that He has not forgotten you, He waits for you to arrive at His feet, willing to rest in His promises and love.
We need to be reminded of His great love, of His greatness all together.
He is Immanuel, God with us. This brings great comfort to those who are void of comfort, gives hope for those who are hopeless and this brings life to those who have no life.
I am thankful for Immanuel, for a God who lives life with us and loves us every hour of every day.
“1. If you like someone, wait.
2. Give lots of compliments, even if you’re shy. Everyone else is too.
3. Change. Get a haircut, try new perfume, get new sheets. Become better than you were before.
4. Eat healthier. Learn to cook something fancy.
5. Get up earlier and watch the sun come up.
6. Wear soft clothes, take a bath, drink something warm.
7. Meet someone new, even just a friend.
8. Become closer with your friends and your family. Call your mother. Cry with your best friend. Tell everyone how much you appreciate them.
9. Keep your room clean. Buy some candles. Let the natural light in.
10. Make a list of reasons why you’ll be better off without them. Believe they are true, because they are.
11. Listen to new music.
12. Write everything you’re thinking and feeling. Write letters. Write happy letters, sad letters, and angry letters, even if you’re never going to send them.
13. It’s okay to be sad, but not forever. Sadness is not as beautiful as music makes it seem. Lack of sleep makes your eyes droopy, not deep. Wake up every morning and tell yourself you’re going to have a good day.
14. Go to the library. Don’t forget to look in the music section.
15. Remove them from your life. Get rid of the things they gave you if they make you sad. They’re not worth it. You will never be happy if you continue to hold on to the things that make you sad.
16. Make new memories.
17. Try to find something to appreciate in everything you do or experience.
18. Being alone is okay, you don’t have to surround yourself with people.
19. Become your own best friend. Buy yourself coffee and drink it alone in a cafe. Take your time.
20. Learn to love every bit of yourself.”
open your eyes and observe everything. open your ears and listen to everyone. at night, listen to the silence. open your heart and leave it open. open your mind and think. then open your mouth and say what you will. - EJM.